Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Getting my timing right

Still near speechless, I cycled down to a satellite surgery in order to book an appointment with a doctor on Monday.
My GP was working there that day, and I couldn't rely on having any voice to make a phone call.
Having obtained an appointment a couple of hours later, I cycled off to do a few errands.
Back to the doctor's, where I was able to knit a few rows on a lengthways knitted scarf in very fine yarn.
Since I have now been without voice for over two weeks, the suggestion is to try penicillin, in case an opportunistic infection has settled in the throat already weakened by the virus.

I am supposed to take the tablets four times a day on an empty stomach, an hour before food.
My current regime is 12/18/12/06.
So, here is my dilemma.
How am I supposed to fill that hour after taking the tablet when my stomach is growling?
Much more important, I was so tired last night that I went to bed round about 22.00, and then managed to stay awake, reading, until 23.15.
At that point I took the tablet, and tried to settle down.

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.
Time for lunch now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home