Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tagged

Back in October I was tagged by Heather.
Now, while it is still just 2005, I must get this posted.

Ten years ago:

I'd finished the first term of an art foundation course at Loughborough College of Art.
That was all different from a year earlier, when I was working in the Reading Room at Cambridge University Library.
The course allowed plenty of uninterrupted time given for each task.
What luxury!!

We moved house in December 1995, and I promptly got an infection in my hand from cutting back ivy in the garden.

Five years ago:
We now had my nephew living with us.
He was 10 when he came here in 1999.

After much deliberation with an architect, we had planning permission and found a builder.
The house extension was just about done.
We had endured weeks of dust and a cold house.

In the autumn I went back (part-time) to Sheffield Hallam University to finish my BA in Metalwork and Jewellery.
(I had taken two years out when my nephew came to live with us.)

One year ago:

The new kitchen had been installed complete with beautifully tiled floor.
I now had a chance to use the old microwave for textile dyeing.
My weekly schedule included (as now) attending classes in lip-reading and enamelling.
I was looking forward to starting a pottery class in January 2005 too.

I was (and am) doing a monthly clinic in Long Eaton for CamTAD.
My personal experience of hearing loss helps with this.
There is the advantage that I can whip one of my hearing aids out to show someone how to care for it, and how to put it in.

All this left most Thursdays free.
So I have been going to as many shows as possible to help out with the "Relax and Knit" stand.

Five yummy things:

(Why just five?)
Apples, blackcurrants, almonds, cashews, and french beans.


Five songs I know by heart:
Soprano chorus part of Mozart's Requiem.
Numerous top ten hits from the 50's onwards.
There must be so many, but I can't think of more at the moment.


Five things I could do with a lot of money:
Travel
Promote knitting and crochet, particularly to children.
Help others with hearing loss - help to develop attractive hearing aids and other supportive devices.
Buy a kiln for porcelain/enamelling.
Set aside enough to provide a reasonable pension.


Five places I would love to escape to:

Yemen - I was there in 1992/3, but that was before I drew.
I want to go back with a sketchbook.
South Korea - I spent three weeks there in 1999, which was just not long enough!
Japan - one of my sisters lives there for part of the year.
Canada - in particular Ontario, where I lived from 1972-77.
Germany - I need to speak German regularly to maintain fluency.


Five things I would never wear:

High heels
Tight trousers
Anything yellow
Halter necks
Wigs


Five favourite TV shows:

Spooks
Bleak House
Grand Designs
Six feet under
Dr. Who


Five things I enjoy doing:

Knitting, walking, cycling, reading and working with porcelain clay.


Five favourite toys:

Knitting needles and papraphernalia, digital camera, spinning wheel, microwave for dyeing, and my bicycle.

I can't think of five people to do this meme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home