Monday, March 12, 2007

SP10 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?
I love natural fibres, and only fine yarn ( I can always double it up if need be). I do not like artificial fibres.
I also knit with fine wire.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Needles and hooks are kept in a variety of large containers (some are ex-whisky tubes), as I have so many.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learnt from my mother and grandmother, and could knit before I started school.
I am expert in some areas, and a novice in others.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not available

5. What's your favourite scent?
I don't use scented bathroom items or candles.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?
I love dark chocolate (70 % + cocoa content)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, sew a bit, crochet occasionally and make small-scale ceramics.
I also frequently dye yarn or fibres for spinning

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to the radio mostly, but have extensive musical tastes, particularly jazz

9. What's your favourite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?
I love purples, other bright jewel colours and the complimentary acid yellows (in small quantities).
I don't much like pastel shades, but they are good for overdyeing.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
We now have an all adult household.
No pets, as my nephew's goldfish all died of old age years ago.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and gloves when it is cold enough. Ponchos - never, and a hat only when it is really necessary

12. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?
For clothing I knit lacy scarves and socks mostly.
Otherwise I knit all sorts of sculptural forms from fine wire, sometimes with beads and/or sequins.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks as usual, and planning a lacy scarf.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
Circular and sets of 5 sock needles. Ebony for socks, steel for fine wire.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
2 of each

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
So old that I'd be guessing at 30 +, maybe 40 + years!

18. What is your favourite holiday?
Any time spent with friends away from work.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Glass seed beads and sequins to knit along with wire.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'd like to try out a Susan Bates Silvalume sock needle set, as they look so colourful.
I subscribe to SpinOff and Yarn Forward.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm still hoping to invent some.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, continental 39

23. When is your birthday?
June 12th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home