1.Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
“Elkepzelheto, hogy a kulonbozo torzsek kulonbozo szinu nemezszonyeget hasnaltak az avatashof” (LAUFER, 1930). A mongolok a feher nemezt reszesitettek …
(This took a bit of doing, and I can’t manage the accents. It is bad enough having to type three letters at a time. So many of the books on the nearest shelf do not have text on p. 18, rather illustrations. This comes from the first one that had enough text to run to 4 paragraphs. Unfortunately it is in Hungarian, so may not make much sense to anyone, myself included.
The book is about traditional feltmaking in Hungary and other countries. I bought it for the illustrations! This page seems to be about the history of Mongolian feltmaking. I can see a reference to Dzsingisz Kan [Genghis Khan] in the previous papragraph.)
2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
A small wardrobe
3. What's the last program you watched on tv?
A snatch of “Sounds of the Seventies” on BBC4
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
23.20 (actually 23.28)
5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
My tinnitus, reasonably drowned out by Queen, “We are the champions” playing on Radio 2.
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
Walked down the garden (in a light drizzle) to fetch the washing in, after getting back from Nottingham early this afternoon.
7. What are you wearing?
Black t-shirt, grey cardigan, jeans and socks I knitted in dk grey, pale blue and white.
8. What did you dream last night.
Something about a woman called Kathleen, with short ginger hair.
I can’t remember the context, and don’t know anyone like that.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
Haven’t a clue. I do it fairly often.
10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
Shelves full of books.
11. Have you seen anything bizarre lately?
Yes, but can I remember it when asked. I see so many bizarre things.
12. What do you think about this meme?
It's just a bit of fun
13. What's the last film you saw?
“A town like Alice” (1956) recorded from the TV
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Buy property so that the Art Room could expand and have workshops and a gallery.
Endow the Knitting and Crochet Guild, CamTAD and a few other charities with money for premises.
Make sure that my family and friends weren’t lacking for necessities …
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
In the ‘70s I danced on stage in Ontario, Canada, with an Estonian folk dance group.
Surprisingly, they had more male dancers than female.
I have no Estonian blood that I know of, just many Estonian friends.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
Stop the climate change that is jeopardising people’s livelihoods.
17. Do you like dancing?
Love it, but rarely do it now! I never seem to have the time.
18. George Bush?
So what, you expect me to comment on him?
19. What do you want your children's names to be, girl/boy?
Too late, but possibly Isabel and Paul.
20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I have done (Switzerland - 1 year, Canada - 5 years and the Netherlands - 3 months), and would jump at it again. But please make it Korea next time.
21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
Are you sure that’s where I’m heading?
22. Who should do this meme?
Anyone else that hasn’t had a go yet.