Thursday, November 02, 2006

Oh dear ...

It really is hard to find the time to blog.
Typically, I think of all the things I want to say when I am cycling to the Art Room, or gardening or am busy with something else.

If only I could just open up part of my brain to you all, then I'd never have to sit here pecking away at the keyboard trying to keep up with myself.

In the previous post I put in some images of the socks I have been knitting recently.
I also knitted socks and fingerless mittens for the other Mary in this colourway:

Now I am almost finished with socks for myself in this colourway:



I do intend to knit fingerless mittens for myself too. It is getting cold here, so I must get them done soon.

The perceptive amongst you will have noticed the common feature, Regia "Ontario" sock yarn.

For Mary's socks I dyed some sock yarn in her favourite oranges. For mine I went for dyeing purples. Taken one row at a time with the Ontario yarn, I get an exciting colour.

I do love devising these mixes. They don't always look quite the way you expect. The combined colour usually has more of a bounce than either colour on their own.

Off now to devise more colour mixes!

In other words, it is nearly bedtime, and that is when I get massive fits of the "what-ifs", frequently to do with knitting. Being a serial sampler is such fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lloer said...

Those are pretty! I know what you mean about posting. I write umpteen posts in my head every day at work. But when I get home I'm too tired to do anything about them.

I'm going to be knitting some flap top mittens soon with some handspun. I'm going to use the Handy Book of Patterns as a basis and add some details myself.

12:29 pm  
Blogger Leigh said...

You need to keep a small tape recorder with to to record those things you want to blog. I love both the socks and the wire pieces!

1:25 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home