Sunday, October 15, 2006

Shelby's lists for SP9

Shelby has asked us to list some of our favourites, and to answer some questions for SP9.
Here are my answers:

Actor - Robert de Niro

Actress - Daniela Nardini

Animal - the frogs we find in our garden

Band - Curved Air (a fusion of rock and classical in the early 70's)

Book - Montse Stanley's "The Handknitter's handbook". I used to live not far from Montse, and occasionally we got together to talk knitting, and to look at her wonderful collection.

Bubble Bath - I don't ever use them

Candy - dark chocolate 70 % + cocoa

Colour - purple

Drink - water

Flower - Clematis "Betty Corning" has a fantastic fragrance, is lilac coloured, and flowers for months if dead-headed regularly

Food - a hot French bean salad, made from purple podded beans, onions and tomatoes direct from the garden

Lip Balm - anything with honey

Lotion - unscented eg. Simple

Movie - anything with subtitles, so that I can make sense of the dialogue

Place - Toronto (I lived in St Catharines, Ontario, for 5 years in the '70s, and loved the cosmopolitan atmosphere in TO)

Song - whatever is on my brain at a given time

TV Show - Dr Who

Yarn - my handspun wool/silk blend

Vacation Spot - The Yemen.
I was there in '92 before I started sketching, but it is no longer possible to travel there safely.
I'd love to go back with a sketchbook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Where is your favorite knitting spot?
Anywhere well lit, where my back is well supported and I can read or watch TV while knitting.
That way I knit faster, when my mind is on something else.

2. If you suddenly could never knit again (shudder) - what would you do instead?
That would mean loss of both hands, and therefore loss of most other pleasurable activities.
I'd have to try with my feet, and take up writing by dictation.

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world - where would you go and why?
I'd love to go back to the Yemen and South Korea, both of which I have been to for three weeks. Both countries have a way of life that fascinate me.
When in South Korea, I'd love to travel on to Japan.

4. When you were little - What did you want to do "when you grew up?"
I never had any idea, except to enjoy myself, and have some time on my own.
I am the eldest of nine, and was rarely alone.
Apparently at one time I had mentioned working in a library, as it was my favourite place to escape to as a child.
I ended up working in academic libraries for over 22 years.
Now I enjoy myself, designing and making all sorts of things and working at the Long Eaton Art Room.

5. What is your favorite flavour of ice cream? Triple chocolate dairy ice cream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home