Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The best thing that happened so far today ....

.... was getting my latest SP10 parcel from the post office.

What wasn't so perfect was finding that I had no voice when I went to ask for it. (I've had a cold for the past week, that has just got round to day long voice loss.)
That was the first time I had needed to talk today, popping in to the sorting office on the way in to the Art Room.

The contents are perfect!!!

First the overview: yarn, yarn and a card with a coastal scene from Scotland.

Looking a bit closer you can find that I was terribly impatient, and wound the smaller skein up into a ball while at the Art Room.

I even redistributed the stitches of my current sock which was in my bag, so that I could rob a couple of the needles. Using this will take a little thinking. There is just over 100 gm, so it won't go far unless stretched with another yarn. It looks really good in this simple slipped stitch pattern, which also makes a lovely firmish fabric.

Then here is a close-up of the lovely skein of laceweight silk:Winding that is definitely a job for a swift rather than the back of a chair!

Thank you so much Secret Pal. You really got it right.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, I'll say. What gorgeous yarns! Yummy colors. I hope your loss of voice doesn't last long.

4:17 am  
Blogger Shelby said...

I love the colors!! SO pretty!

4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home