Friday, May 23, 2014

Derbyshire Open Arts this bank holiday weekend

Once again it is suddenly the end of May, and tomorrow several of us at Long Eaton Art Room will open our studios to the public. We are open from 10.00 - 17.00 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday 24th - 26th May.

The image above is the one I submitted to go in the brochure back in January.
It was just hastily snapped with my fairly basic digital camera, and then cropped.
The small porcelain pieces wee posed on a sheet of slightly faded black paper, which provided the perfect foil for them.

I was pleasantly surprised towards the end off March to be told that my image was one of six chosen to go in a listing in Craft & Design Mag.

This afternoon when I left my studio I had these pieces set up, but the rest of my display may get changed in the morning.

Sadly, the weather forecast is for more showers so we cannot predict how many people will turn out.

Long Eaton has a strong presence this year, with the Art Room hosting artists 163 - 169.
Just up the road Helen Hallows and David Hallows are also participating, hosting some exciting artists.

More details can be found in the Derbyshire Open Arts brochure.

I am looking forward to seeing some of you over the weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home