Sunday, June 17, 2012

Patched up!

We've been away in the US, and on our return the garden had gone a bit mad, putting on about 30 cm (1 ft) growth on many plants.
In between the showers over the past week, we have been busy taming the "jungle".
One smallish task is removing the forget-me-nots that have finished flowering.

With the path cleared to get to the side fence, I found that one gooseberry bush had toppled.
It looked very recent, and I'm sure I would have seen the gap along the fence even if I couldn't get to it easily.

The remedy, a small length of cotton fabric over the torn area, binding it up, and supporting twine both there and at the top.
Fingers crossed this holds, as there are some nice looking fruits there.


Anonymous Emma said...

Those look like lovely goosegogs! Our garden's not doing too well this year. Rob's been to busy to pay it much attention. I bought him a grape vine for FĂȘte Papa today, I hope that it will do well. I got Mum a Kiwi fruit vine for Mother's Day so that should be interesting too.

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home