Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Too hot to celebrate

Yesterday was the hottest I've ever known the 12th June to be in England.
According to our external thermometer it got up to 31 C in the shade.
Now that might be biased, but it was hot!!

Later in the day it rained and the temperature dropped down to 9 C sometime in the night.

Why do I keep track of the weather on 12th June?
Simple answer: it is my birthday.

I can remember one birthday that was much colder, which I spent on the island of Fano, just west of Esbjerg in Denmark.
Then the five summers I lived in St.Catherines, Ontario were surely pretty warm.
Round about 1990 I was in Vancouver, and that was pretty steamy, but I think not as hot as yesterday.

Today the weather has broken, and it has rained quite a bit, and after a morning temp of 23 C it dropped down to a more seasonal 14 C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lloer said...

Penblwydd Hapus!

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home