Sunday, December 07, 2008

Some months ago ...

... I intended to show this, my fantastic (and still pretty much untouched) haul from the Hush Hush Handspun Hootenany, which I received from Lisa in August. The yarn in front is partway to being a scarf for me, although I might re-do it yet. The rest (fibre and Kool-Aid) is waiting for me to have some time at home, which might come when the Art Room is closed over Christmas.


... and then this, evidence of the fun we had at the Long Eaton Art Room for Diwali. We hosted the event for Erewash Borough Council. In previous years this was at Long Eaton Town Hall, and we went along with clay and completed diyas for painting. This time we stayed put, and about 130 people came to us. I broke out the fluorescent paints and we let the visitors have some fun. This was one result. There were also dance workshops and a performance courtesy of Surtal Arts.
... and then this: Bob visiting the UK from Canada. Back in the '70s I worked in the library at Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario. For some of that time Bob was my boss. He retired last year, and with his wife Nancy recently travelled in Europe ending up in London. They arrived on a Saturday from Glasgow and were free on the Sunday. Ian and I took the train down to London, and showed them around a little. This grainy photo was taken with my new mobile phone, before I learnt all the settings for different lighting situations. We had supper together at St Pancras station and you can see an arriving Eurostar train in the background. It was good to see him again. Hard to believe that I left Brock in '77.


And now for a little knitting content! This was just playing with the phone settings. I wanted to see how well it would let me assess the negative version of the colour I was knitting. Looks like I still need to play with it a bit. More about the knitting shows etc. another time.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home