1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?
I love fine yarns spun from wool, linen, silk, hemp, you name it, as long as it is natural.
I have no use for eyelash type novelty yarns or acrylics.
I do like my sock yarn to be 4 ply, and to have up to 25 % polyamide or the suchlike to strengthen it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Various items, including a beautiful needle roll given to me in the most recent round of secret pal.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I could knit before I started school, and have continued to do so.
In some areas I am advanced, in others merely a beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, but not accessible.
5. What's your favourite scent?
Rosemary or ginger or other natural single fragrances like seaweed for soap.
I don't use bath oils etc, or candles
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?
I only like chocolate with 70% + cocoa content.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I make ceramics from porcelain, anything from a small bead upwards in size.
I spin, and particularly like blends of wool with other fibres such as silk.
I sew occasionally, but frequently recycle clothing from charity shops for that.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My taste is all encompassing, it depends what is on the radio at the time.
Otherwise, how about Jan Garbarek, Arvo Part?
9. What's your favourite colour(so)? Any colours you just can't stand?
I love purple, magenta and other jewel colours, and small amounts of the complimentary colours like acid yellow/greens.
Pastels are only good for overdyeing.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
We are three adults here now, all the goldfish died long ago!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and gloves; and a hat when it gets really cold (but I have a handspun one anyway).
Never wore ponchos, and can't imagine taking to them now.
12. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?
Anything that will satisfy my curiosity, which means lots of socks ( I work in a place with a concrete floor, and heating from above).
Otherwise small creations from fine wire, possibly with beads or sequins too.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, and sampling for designing a cardigan.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love to, and give them too.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
Sets of 5 sock needles, especially ina hard wood like ebony.
Circulars for the rest.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
2 of each, and 3 niddy-noddies!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I'm not sure, sometime, I'll have to root around and find a Shetland type sweater that I started long ago.
18. What is your favourite holiday?
Any time away from work, appointments etc.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, fibre, fabric, seed beads, sequins - should I go on?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Jane Sowerby's "Victorian lace today", especially after hearing her talk at the Knitting and Crochet Guild AGM.
I'd like to try out Fleece Artist Sea Wool, as it sounds interesting.
I like the idea of casein needles, a 2.5 mm set of dpn's would be just the job.
I subscribe to Yarn Forward, and Spin-Off.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm much more likely to work them out for myself!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I knit socks all the time as they are so portable, and invariably get people talking to me.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Waiting for my invitation, 2388 people to go first.
Mind you there are 15, 242 behind me in the queue.
This will give me plenty of time to work out an ID!